The rules for the Potato Hack are simple. If you are eating something that is not a potato, you are doing it wrong.
1. Plan on eating just potatoes for 3 to 5 days
2. Eat 2-5 pounds of potatoes each day
3. No other foods allowed (this includes butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits!)
4. Salt, pepper, and vinegar allowed, but not encouraged
5. Drink when thirsty; coffee, tea, and water only
6. Heavy exercise is discouraged, light exercise and walking are encouraged
7. Take your normal medications, but dietary supplements will not be needed
Expected results from 3-5 days of the Potato Hack:
· Fat loss of 3-5 pounds
· Reduction in inflammation, joint pain
· Reduction in digestive complaints
· Increased insulin sensitivity, lower fasting blood glucose levels
· Restoration of healthy intestinal bacteria
· Continued weight loss upon resumption of normal diet
Many people report that, for the first time in a long time, they are not hungry despite eating such a bland diet of restricted calories. People report better sleep and habitual snorers stop snoring. Those that have watched an un-budging scale for months or years report daily losses of ½ -1 pound, and the weight does not come back on, as in other “crash” diets.